Ecosystem Based Management Tools Network
From Watershed Central Wiki
Ecosystem-Based Management Tools Network
Ecosystem Based Management (EBM) tools are software or other highly documented methods that can help implement EBM by:
- Providing models of ecosystems or key ecosystem processes.
- Generating scenarios illustrating the consequences of different management decisions on natural resources and the economy.
- Facilitating stakeholder involvement in planning processes.
EBM tools include
- data collection and management tools
- data processing tools
- conceptual modeling tools
- modeling and analysis tools (such as watershed models, marine ecosystem models, dispersal models, habitat models, socioeconomic models, and model development tools)
- scenario visualization tools
- decision support tools (such as coastal zone management tools, fisheries management tools, conservation and restoration site selection tools, land use planning tools, and hazard assessment and resilience planning tools)
- project management tools
- stakeholder communication and engagement tools
- monitoring and assessment tools